- Financial – We all must have money to pay for housing, food and other essentials. Financial worries are also one of the biggest stresses we have. Financial stress breaks up families, closes businesses, cause physical elements and much more. “…and the borrower is servant to the lender.” -Proverbs 22:7 NIV
- Family – We all have them, some have big families, some have small but we have them. Some have close families, some have estranged families and we all have dysfunctional families!! Or at least a few in the bunch. We may not like them all, but they are kin. This area causes a ton of stress for a lot of people because of expectations, personality and belief conflicts. Parents, children, spouses, siblings, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins and the list goes on. “Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.” – 1 Corinthians 13:4-7
- Fellowship – Jesus ate, traveled, and ministered with friends. Our friends and the fellowship we have at church, club’s, associations, etc. are important. When we neglect this area, we neglect a huge support system. “Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work; If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!” – Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 NIV
- Fitness – Our bodies are temples. This is a tough one for me…I like chocolate and have a very hard time stopping at one piece, or two, or three…you get the point. We all have to be responsible for how we take care of our bodies. “Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.” – 1 Corinthians 6:19-20
- Future – Our futures depends on what we do now. God may have a purpose for our earthly life but if we are not seeking it out….we will not find it. Would we want to be treated by a doctor or dentist that stopped learning about new procedures? What we do today effects our future…what books are we reading? What new things are we seeing or learning? How are we preparing for what we may be called to do? “Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid.” – Proverbs 12:1
- Field of employment – We all have to earn money. Working long hours, time away from the family when we don’t enjoy the job….to much stress. “That every man find pleasure in his work – this is the gift of God.” – Ecclesiastes 3:13
- Faith – Our spiritual walk…this is, for me, the easiest to put on the back burner. The easiest to let “slide” while I “catch up on other things”. This is also, by far, the most important. It isn’t up to my pastor or my friends to tell me what is in the Bible. It is up to ME! Wow, that is scary and exciting. This website is to help you learn more and get excited about learning but it is not to tell you what to believe. What you believe is between you and God. This is just a tool to lead you on your journey. We have an earthly purpose but “My determined purpose is that I may know Him, that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person.” Philippians 3:10
Use the 7F™ Report Card to get started.